Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hey there yes it is me Two post in what 24 hours. I KNOW!!!!! Well I have some catching up to do. So on Tuesday the 28th the kids were out of school for parent/teacher conf., My day was filled up we started at 9:00am at the orthodontist. Emily got her spacers put in (6). she will have her braces top and bottom put on next Thursday. praying for everything to go smoothly and that she will not be to sore.

Next were off to the conf. Of course the teachers had great things to say about all of my kiddos. All of Emily's teacher's just lover her, said she was the perfect student. Always got her work in on time, and never gave them any trouble. Next time we are going to try to bring that 88.4 in science up for all A's. Hannah has a AWESOME teacher I love the Elementary. She is doing everything they need to get ready for the 5th grade, and Hannah is doing well. 4th was such a hard year for Emily, I am so glad that Hannah is taking it a lot better. She had good grades too A/B. Clay has Ms. Ricketts I love her. she is so much fun, and clay is a funny boy. She started off with he has all A's and he is a good writer he writes some wonderful stories, and great poems. WOW was I shocked. Then she said he is already reading 101 words per min. and at AT THE END OF 2ND GRADE they are only required to read at 90 words per min.!!! WOW again ( and these are not little 3 or 5 letter words either) they are chapter books with hard words I am so proud of him, of All my kids They are all good readers. Just makes you feel good to know that your kiddos are getting the education they need. Thanks Vilonia!!!!!!! There may have been a few bumps in the road, but over all we are pleased.
Before I left she said you need to read his paper he wrote that is hanging up on the wall outside. We said goodbye, and on the way out I stoped by to read it. The title was All about me, It had things like my name is Clay D Hankins I have 2 sisters I like superheros ect... things like hunting with his dad, then my favorite book is The Bible when I grow up I want to be a Preacher!! Are you crying yet, Then he drew a picture of him preaching it was the most precious thing I have ever seen. I will end with that

1 comment:

Billie said...

And one handsome preacher he will be! Can't you just see him?